Skip to main content

PowerShell MVP 2015

I received the official notification yesterday that my PowerShell MVP award has been renewed !!





In this post, I try to look back at my journey as a PowerShell MVP :)

This award is dedicated to PSBUG which feels like a family to me know.

Initially Overwhelmed

At first when I got the award I was overwhelmed, to be in the elite group in the World is something. I felt a tremendous pressure as now I was bestowed upon by such a huge responsibility. Initial few months I was under the MVP vibe, People recognized me wherever I went. I got a chance to introduce myself as a MVP.
Below is one of the pic from the User Group meet :

Troubles

But soon the dust settled and I realized that being a MVP at some point I stopped enjoying my work with PowerShell, it was more of a responsibility now.
After few weeks of pondering & meditating (I do, no kidding), I realized that the award is a recognition for the last year contributions and the very reason for it is that I enjoy learning and sharing it with the community.


MVP Open Day - Eye Opener

I went in for MVP Open Day at Bangalore and had time to hang out with MVPs from all over India, seeing really passionate people talking Tech all the time was an amazing experience and I understood that the secret to it all is to "Enjoy" and not be so hard on myself . Keep doing what I enjoy :)

The best part of the Open day was talking at lengths with Ravi Sir & Aman Sir.

From Left to Right : Ravikanth Sir, Aman Sir & me (#3 PS MVPs from India).

Inspiration Source - never runs dry

PSBUG community has been a great source of motivation and inspiration all along. Some of the amazing people in the Industry come together and talk Technology on a monthly basis, keeps the fire going.

Many people don't understand why to go and meet in person when you can watch tutorials online. Apart from the vast amount of knowledge you carry home , below are few which I can think of now :

  •  First you network with people who tackle real world problems and these interactions come in handy when needed.
  • Second is you can get ideas/ opinion on any Script/ Project you are working on from the Community. (Most of my last year posts came out of some cool ideas from the community)
  • Third, We don't do serious boring stuff at these meets. We crack jokes and share our IT stories often.

In my opinion, we all do the normal day to day work and get paid at month's end for it. Where is fun in that ? Once a month one can take some time off and get batteries charged.

Popular posts from this blog

Test connectivity via a specific network interface

Recently while working on a Private cloud implementation, I came across a scenario where I needed to test connectivity of a node to the AD/DNS via multiple network adapters.  Many of us would know that having multiple network routes is usually done to take care of redundancy. So that if a network adapter goes down, one can use the other network interface to reach out to the node. In order to make it easy for everyone to follow along, below is an analogy for the above scenario: My laptop has multiple network adapters (say Wi-Fi and Ethernet) connected to the same network. Now how do I test connectivity to a Server on the network only over say Wi-Fi network adapter?

PowerShell + SCCM : Run CM cmdlets remotely

Today I saw a tweet about using implicit remoting to load the Configuration Manager on my machine by Justin Mathews . It caught my eye as I have never really tried it, but theoretically it can be done. Note - The second tweet says "Cannot find a provider with the name CMSite", resolution to which is in the Troubleshooting section at the end.

PowerShell : Trust network share to load modules & ps1

Problem Do you have a central network share, where you store all the scripts or PowerShell modules ? What happens if you try to run the script from a network share ? or if you have scripts (local) which invoke scripts or import PowerShell modules stored on this network share ? Well you would see a security warning like below (Note - I have set execution policy as 'Unrestricted' not 'bypass' here): Run a .ps1 from the network share Well this is a similar warning, which you get when you download scripts from Internet. As the message says run Unblock-File cmdlet to unblock the script and then run it, let's try it.